Friday, September 01, 2006

making changes.

I've been having some flashes of unadulterated inspiration lately. My net travels have taken me through the domains of Ruby on Rails and Drupal as I've been searching for the latest web tech. I'm hatching a plan to take Cycleboredom and Artboredom to the next level. I think that Artboredom will simply be an extension of the portfolio site, but just as important. The site that could take off is Cycleboredom. I need to put together a proposal so I can bring in some potential backers and participants to the soup. I want it to go farther than talking about my training and gripes during my rides. I'm a product guy and I need to promote that.

So the thought is I HAVE to get off of Blogger and move to appropriately Movable Type or roll my own. I've been using Media Temple as my provider (who are awesome by the way!) and they offer MT as an upgradable portion of their service. That would allow me to use my server space and have a dedicated domain. Having someone type in blogspot after the blog name is just ridiculous and far from professional. The other option is to install Drupal onto my server and utilize their tools to build my own site from the ground up. Drupal does most of the hard stuff regarding databases so I wouldn't have to touch PHP or MySQL just yet. I haven't finished CSS yet, so why do I want to mess w/ that crap.

If anyone out there is reading, and by the stats you're not, let me know what your experiences or preferences are. I'm going to keep researching this, but I want to act on this ASAP.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home