Thursday, August 24, 2006

I couldn't wait.

An abundance of work has been sitting dormant on my drive doing nothing but chillin' digitally. Most of it has been produced for my AIO classes. I've been focusing on completing the assignments w/ the mindframe that they're going to be added to my portfolio site. So far I've been pretty happy w/ what I've produced.

The problem w/ adding the work is that I also need to separate my works folio into catagories rather than than visual free-for-all that it is now. Which also brings into light all the past inherent problems I've encountered w/ my site. Every change has distinct elements from the previous idea or comp workup. I want to build a site from the ground up, w/ nothing existing from the previous version. I also want to hand code it (as I've said previously), but I should have the knowledge by the end of my present scripting course. Yet the work needs to get up.

So I started working on another design. I'm trying to incorporate both how I want the next version to possible look as well as retain the elements of the present so it doesn't lose its continuity. To further add to the butchering, I have to add some local navigation. I never really went w/ a true global navigation, or at least one that stands out. Now I'm going to have a dominant local that blows the global out of the frame. Hell the page is going to kill the previous versions as well.

Guess I have to put out some wet floor signs again. I'm cleaning house.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home